THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Extravaganza

So on Saturday I hosted a little slumber party for my two nieces. I can see it now, my house is going to be the place all the kids flock...I had a little taste Saturday evening.

I went to the store and got a couple pumpkins for carving, I figured that it would fun for my nieces and myself to do a little decorating...kill two birds with one stone you could say. I get decorations, they get entertained.

Much to my surprise it turned into a party. It started with myself, Leigh-Lou and Mady. Then two of their friends Haley and Ausland Jones came over, their grandmother lives right down the street from me.

My four soon turned into six. I don't know how it happened but it did! Two boys came over, the girls acted like they knew them, so I figured what the hell, why not?!

I had a gaggle of children on my front porch all helping carve these two pumpkins. Well....semi-carving, Mady, my eldest niece, made one cut in the pumpkin and then declared she was bored. So while I carved her pumpkin (let me emphasize that she picked a hard stencil) she and her friends did cartwheels.

Of course she would come and point at the pumpkin that I was slaving over and proudly say "Look there is my pumpkin, isn't it pretty?" Leigh-Lou was very impressive, she carved her whole pumpkin by herself. I have to admit I think hers' turned out better than mine. I was outdone by a six year old!!!

All in all I think it was successful. All the kids hung around and played until it was dusk when I lit them and then sent everyone to their houses.

So if you happen to be driving around town, drive by the house and take a gander at my Jack-O-Laterns. They were made with love by me and the neighborhood children!

0 comments: